By Woody Wilson
Winter power bills will double or triple your summer energy budget. You can save 20% to 80% of your cost in just one week. New amazingly simple home-made-energy is available for $100 to $200.
Follow these 12 free and easy steps and save over 25% of your winter energy budget. Add just one more step and save up to 80%.
12 Step for Energy Conservation:
1. Change the filters on your air-conditioner and heater every 30 days To keep the systems working properly and help keep the indoor air clean.
2. Clean the coils on the back of your refrigerator every 4 to 6 months.Put some inexpensive weather stripping around doors and windows if they’re Not shutting tightly.
3. Keep the thermostat at the best energy-saving levels during the cooling And heating seasons. The recommendations for maximum energy savings are 78 Degrees in summer and 68 degrees in winter. Every degree you can raise that
Setting higher in summer or lower in winter can save from 2 to 10 percent on Heating and cooling costs, so it can make a big difference.
4. Turn off lights, fans and other appliances when you leave any area.
5. When you arrange your furniture, be careful that it does not block vents Or heaters.
6. Unplug appliances and electronic products that are not used often. Battery Chargers, power adapters, computers in standby and older TV can consume 2 to 5% Of your budget because they are not truly turned off.
7. Ask your landlord to fix even small water leaks. Hot water can be as Expensive as electricity, and small leaks add up to big energy-wasters. Also Clean the aerators in your faucets and shower heads occasionally to minimize Water use and the energy used to heat it.
8. Keep your refrigerator at the proper settings – usually 37 degrees for The refrigerator and 0 for the freezer. Use a thermometer to verify that the Settings are correct. Research shows that a full refrigerator keeps the cold In longer when doors are opened, so fill jugs with water if there isn’t enough Food to keep the unit full.
9. Replace incandescent bulbs with ENERGY STAR-rated compact fluorescent lamps. They’ll last longer and use much less energy to operate, plus they don’t put Out the heat that the traditional bulbs do.
10. Keep the blinds and drapes tightly closed during summer days to keep the Heat out, and open during winter days to allow the sun’s warmth to get Indoors.
11. Use cold water for washing and rinsing clothes. You’ll save the energy Used to heat water and the clothes should get just as clean.
12. Finally, check the setting on your water heater. Most come from the Factory pre-set at 140 degrees – far more than you need and enough to cause Serious burns. Lower it to around 122 degrees which will be adequate for most Home needs.
13. Build 70 watt Solar panels for $98 or 450 watt Wind Turbine generator for $140 Or made a Magnetic generator for $100. Construction can be done in a weekend to a week.
This is Important ~
If you seriously want free energy at home and you are willing to build a device yourself to save cost, you need a guide.
These new guides have all the development worked out and offer step by step instruction. This will save you both time and money. Usually you can be operational in less than a week. All of these guide are written for the layman without high technical requirements. Material and tools required are common around the house items. The first model that you make is like training. Once you make your first, you can make another bigger and more powerful.
About the Author: If you want my critical review of two of the best guides